A. CONTEST SPONSOR
The Character Design Challenge is being organised and managed by Character Design References™. The Character Design Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Patreon. By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Patreon from any or all liability in connection with this contest. The project partners and sponsors are listed on www.characterdesignreferences.com.
B. NO OBLIGATION TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that Character Design References™ and its partners is not required to host, display, accept, consider, print or broadcast any artwork entered or submitted into the Character Design Challenge competition, and you further agree that if Character Design References™ determines that your entry does not meet eligibility requirements for any reason, Character Design References™ may, at its sole discretion, remove your submission from the contest by declining to approve it in our Facebook group or on www.characterdesignreferences.com. You understand and agree that once you submit or attempt to submit your artwork by uploading it on our Facebook group, it is an entry into the Character Design Challenge competition. You shall have no right to prohibit, restrict, revoke or terminate any of the rights granted to Character Design References™ hereunder. Moreover, you understand and acknowledge that you are not entitled to any compensation or other consideration for your artwork once submitted into the contest.
C. RIGHTS AND DISTRIBUTION
Character Design References™ is not responsible for any copyright infringement on part of the individual artists, the intent of the competition is merely to inspire others to create original works based on a common theme. For questions regarding specific pieces of artwork, links for the website, portfolios and/or social pages are provided by the respective authors in the caption of the designs posted in our Facebook group and Patreon page..
By submitting your artwork into this competition, you hereby grant to Character Design References™ the royalty-free nonexclusive right to publish, broadcast, transmit and distribute content of the artwork, elements embodied within the artwork, in whole or in part. Character Design References™ is not assuming any obligation hereunder to broadcast or distribute any artwork uploaded to our Facebook group or on www.characterdesignreferences.com.
D. AGREE TO BE BOUND
E. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
Character Design References™ and those working for or on its behalf will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected submissions or attempted submissions, or for e-mail, internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays that may prevent you from uploading your artwork into the competition, or interfere with your compliance of the rules of this competition. All responsibilities related to submitting a qualifying entry fall on you, the entrant or potential entrant. Character Design References™ will not be responsible for any technical failures of the hardware or software used to create an artwork submitted to the competition.
F. ENTRY COMPLIANCE AND ENTRY DISPUTES
- Entry is open to artists of all skill levels and styles. Companies and Studios can also enter if they have the express permission of the organisation, club or association promoted in their entry.
- Character Design References™ will validate all entries and will determine, at its sole discretion, whether each artwork meets the entry criteria detailed herein for acceptance as an entry into the contest.
- Character Design References™ also reserves the unqualified right to investigate the bone fides of any organisation, club or association, or of any private business or individual that are mentioned or featured in an entry. We reserve the right not to accept, or to disqualify an entry, if we are not fully satisfied with the authenticity and validity of the credentials of either the entrant or any associated entity. You understand that Character Design References™ is under no obligation to disclose its reasons for not accepting an entry.
- The opening and closing date and time for entries (Theme of the Month deadline) are as indicated on www.characterdesignreferences.com. Any entries received 6 days after the monthly deadline will be disregarded, and will not be approved on the Facebook group.
- Entries which are offensive, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the official rules are void. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Facebook and/or Patreon account holder, which will take full responsibility of the material uploaded.
- Automated entries of any kind, including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or contest service, and third party entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
G. VOTING PROCEDURE
Character Design References™ will validate all entries and will determine, at its sole discretion, whether each artwork meets the entry criteria detailed herein for acceptance as an entry into the contest. Once the monthly deadline is passed the CDR Team will select the Winners. The Winners of the Character Design Challenge and the Challenge Rewards picks will be judged on both creative and technical skills, originality and outstanding draftsmanship:
- Creativity: How unique & creative was the concept of the artwork?
- Draftsmanship: How well did the artwork reflects the technical skills of the artist.
- Theme: How well did the artwork reflect the Theme of the Month?
The CDR Team and occasionally, a Special Guest Juror, will judge all the artworks, and their judgement will be final. Character Design References™ is under no obligation to detail the judging process and it will not be responsible for any technical failures relating to the online submission of your entry.
Remember: we will only accept artworks that follow the rules of the competition. All the Rules of the CDChallenge can be found on our website.
By submitting an entry, you grant Character Design References™ and its partners the right to use information and content provided by you for publicity and institutional promotional purposes to the extent permitted by law. You understand and agree that Character Design References™ may request more information from you for such purposes, should your artwork become a Winner, Challenge Rewards-winner or be featured on our website, blogs, social pages and books. The finalists agree to participate in such reasonable publicity as may be requested by the Character Design References™ and their partners. You also agree not to claim or imply for any reason that the artwork you have entered to the competition was not intended to be used by Character Design References™ for promotional purposes to the extent permitted by law.
I. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
Remember: By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Patreon from any or all liability in connection with this contest. The Character Design Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Patreon. The project partners and sponsors are listed on www.characterdesignreferences.com.
The Challenge Rewards are limited and exclusively available to the Supporters of the Character Design References™ on Patreon. Becoming a Winner of the Character Design Challenge and/or receiving one of the Challenge Rewards depends exclusively on the artistic skills, creativity, exceptional craftsmanship and design knowledge of the individual artists, which will be judged by the CDR Team.
The content of the Challenge Rewards are offered and sponsored by Tatai Lab, Spaceman Project, Ctrl+Paint, KyleBrush, Masters Of Anatomy & 21 Draw. Character Design References™ has written permission to use their intellectual property as prizes for the contest.
Due to competition laws, the following countries and regions are not eligible for the Challenge Rewards: Belarus, Burma, Central African Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Crimean region of Ukraine, Yemen, Zimbabwe and Quebec region of Canada. If you live in one of the countries listed above, you can still participate to the challenge as a Freebie or a Tipper (check the Membership section for more info), but you will have no access to the Challenge Rewards. The CDR Team has researched and worked with legal experts extensively to find a way to operate a contest with rewards and prizes in these countries, but unfortunately we were unable to find a reasonable way of doing so at this time.
By submitting an entry, each entrant confirms in respect of any content submitted that:
- The entrant has waived its rights to privacy;
- Any co-author has consented to entry their artwork in this competition on the terms and conditions set out herein;
- The entrant (or its collaborators) is/are the sole author/s and owner/s of the artwork copyright;
- Express permission has been obtained from the legal guardian of any minor involved in the production of the artwork.
L. DATA PROTECTION
The data (real name, email, home address), which is provided by entrants when they enter the competition on Patreon, will be held by Character Design References™. Entrants’ data will not be shared with, or sold to, any external parties or commercial entities.
Any individual or organisation that attempts to distort or manipulate the results of the competition will be disqualified. The CDR Team decision on this will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into regarding this decision.
Character Design References™ reserves the right to modify or vary the terms and conditions at any time.